The Incredible Benefits of Ozone Therapy with Dr. Frank Shallenberger
On this episode, we invite Dr. Frank Shallenberger of The Nevada Center of Alternative & Anti-Aging Medicine to join our conversation about utilizing ozone therapeutically. Dr. Gladden begins by explaining how ozone, through the skin, can help the body upregulate its ability to manage stress and can impact ATP production.
Dr. Shallenberger elaborates on many different ways ozone can be beneficial because it works on the mitochondrial level. Ozone is helpful in treating a number of conditions, including cancer, immune deficiencies, pain management and skin conditions.
They discuss the different ways that ozone can be delivered to the body, as it is toxic to the lungs, and the reason that most doctors are not using ozone therapy with their patients.
Dr. Shallenberger talks about the top three things he would recommend to help one live beyond 120.
Dr. Shallenberger is a six-time grandfather and four-time father. He has been practicing medicine since 1973 and has been a pioneer in alternative/integrative medicine since 1978. He is one of only 16 physicians in Nevada that are licensed both in conventional medicine as well as alternative and homeopathic medicine. This allows him to integrate the best of both approaches for optimal results.
Dr. Shallenberger has revolutionized the practice of anti-aging and preventive medicine by developing a method to measure mitochondrial function and oxygen utilization. He has written two popular books describing this method, The Type 2 Diabetes Breakthrough and Bursting With Energy, and has authored numerous papers in the international peer reviewed literature on ozone therapy and oxygen utilization. He is also the editor of Second Opinion, an alternative medical newsletter.
He is the developer of Prolozone®, an injection technique that has been shown to regenerate damaged joints, herniated discs, and degenerated joints, tendons, and soft tissues. He has just published the first paper on Prolozone Therapy in the Journal of Prolotherapy entitled, “Prolozone – Regenerating Joints and Eliminating Pain.”
- Dr. Shallenberger has just finished publication of his new book on ozone therapy entitled, The Principles and Applications of Ozone Therapy – A Practical Guideline For Physicians, available at www.amazon.com.
- Dr. Shallenberger has just formed and incorporated the first medical ozone society in the United States, The American Academy of Ozonotherapy. He serves as president of the academy.
- Dr. Shallenberger has just been elected to serve as a charter member of the International Scientific Committee on Ozone Therapy.
- Dr. Shallenberger has been teaching doctors from all over the world how to use ozone therapy every year since 1993.
- Dr. Shallenberger has authored numerous papers in the international peer reviewed literature on ozone therapy and oxygen utilization.
- Dr. Shallenberger holds the only patent on the use of respiratory gas analysis to determine mitochondrial function.
Learn more about his book, The Ozone Miracle.